As anticipated by our previous article, on May 30 the MIPAAF published the decree which officially opens the new campaign for participation in the call OCM Wine – Promotion in Third Country Markets 2019/2020. However, on 10 June the same was slightly modified. In order not to miss any updates, here we briefly explain what you need to know about the new OCM Wine – Promotion 2019/2020 call.
What is OCM Wine – Promotion on Third Country Markets call?
OCM means Common Market Organization, a coherent system of measures that allow the European Union to adequately manage the commercial market for a specific agricultural product.
For that, the EU allocates different types of funds, including those for this call, which will cover projects relating to the promotion of wine products in non-EU foreign countries, with the aim of rebalancing the European wine market to increase the competitiveness of producers.
Who can submit the application?
- professional organizations, provided that they promote agricultural products among their purposes;
- wine producers organizations;
- associations of wine producer organization;
- inter-professional organization;
- recognized protection consortia, their associations and federations;
- wine producers;
- public bodies with proven experience in the wine sector and the promotion of agricultural products;
- consortia, associations, federations and cooperatives;
- business networks composed of wine producers.
What activities are financed by the call?
- actions in the field of public relations, promotion and advertising, which highlight the high standards of Union products, in particular in terms of quality, food safety or the environment;
- participations in events, fairs and exhibitions of international importance;3
- information campaigns, in particular on the systems of designations of origin, geographical indications and organic production in the Union;
- studies to evaluate the results of information and promotion actions.
The amount of the contribution is at most 50% of the costs incurred, a contribution which in certain cases can be integrated with national and regional funds up to a maximum of 30% of the costs incurred. In our last article we explained the types of projects that can be admitted. This decree concerns those that are valid on a national quota and can be presented by July 15, 2019. In the next days the region will publish their decrees, with provisions relating to regional projects.
LC International, with many years of experience in the field of calls, can create your project for participation in the OCM Wine – Promotion in Third Country markets call, based on the needs of your company.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information. Ask for a free estimate of cost: our management costs are among the most competitive on the market.